Minister to Students and Families
First Baptist Church of Hazlehurst, Mississippi
The Minister to Students and Families is responsible to the pastor as part of the ministerial team for the planning, coordinating, and promoting of the holistic ministry to families in fulfillment of the church’s commitment to disciple-making. Though providing oversight to all family ministry, the primary focus is on Junior High and High School Students. This is considered a full-time ministry position.
- Organize and direct the Student Ministry including Sunday School, Wednesday Night Worship, summer activities such camps and/or mission trips, retreats, ongoing discipleship, and other such activities.
- Develop relationships with local school and community leaders and maintain an ongoing presence at school functions and activities.
- Be available to council students, parents, and families as needed.
- Be responsible for overseeing the Student Ministry Budget.
- Work in conjunction with the Family Ministry Team to coordinate calendar and ministry activities, facilitate opportunities for families to serve, and continue to implement FBC Hazlehurst’s Connect Strategy to Reach Young Families.
- Serve as liaison between the Family Ministry Team and the church staff.
- Develop relationships with parents/guardians to build healthy church to family ministry.
- Coordinate with local and associational student organizations toward the goal of reaching the students of the community for Christ.
- Serve the body of Christ as part of the ministerial team through pastoral care including visitation, community outreach, ministry participation, etc.
If interested or for further information, please contact: email@example.com